Scroll Top


working blacksmiths

The Museum is lucky to have a fully functioning blacksmith's shop on site, which is fired up on special occasions such as our Spring Fair.

A complete set of blacksmith tools and wheelwright's equipment belonging to Angus Martin, a blacksmith and wheelwright at Dungowan in 1909, was acquired by the Society. The Blacksmith's Shop was opened in 1979.