So beautiful, like travelling back in time.
Parking for cars and coaches available in Denison Street, directly outside the entrance to the Museum, including designated mobility permit parking.
There are one or two shallow steps inside some of the Museum buildings and a step up or down to access a few of the buildings. Stairs lead onto the verandah of the Moonbi Beehive Schoolhouse (see images of the school on this site). If you have concerns about steps and stairs, please get in touch.
The Museum site is a non-smoking area.
Public Toilets with wheelchair access are available.
Seniors & Concession $4.00
Photography sessions $150-350
Group tour with morning or afternoon tea, please ask for a quote.
Tamworth, on the Peel River, is situated on a spur of the Great Dividing Range and backed by the Wentworth Mounds.
Kamilaroi people, one of the four largest indigenous nations in Australia, inhabited this area for thousands of years, before the arrival of early explorers including John Oxley (1818) and the Australian Agricultural Company’s Peel Estate (1834).
While both sides of the Peel River developed, one known as the ‘Company side’ and the other known as the ‘Government side’, the proclamation of Tamworth as a Municipality did not occur until 1876, when the first Council was formed and P G King was elected First Mayor .